IVR Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Got a question about our IVR recording service? Let us shed light on interactive voice response menus and how we work. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, just give us a call on 0800 852 7720.
What is an IVR?
Not got the foggiest about what IVR stands for, what it does, or how it works? Dive into our website to learn more about the wonderful world of interactive voice response…
What are the benefits?
From saving time and money to improving customer satisfaction, there are numerous advantages for companies and call centres that invest in professional IVR recordings. You can learn all about the benefits of IVR messages here.
How should IVR be done?
We set the benchmark for IVR voiceovers. Here are a few ground rules, so you know what to expect:
- Simplified menus – focus on creating a straightforward, accessible call flow, with a clear map outlining where each query should be directed to.
- Make the right impression – consider your target audience when creating your scripts and choosing your voiceover, enhancing the caller experience.
- Be consistent – your caller journey should be seamless from point to point, lending your IVR scripts and voiceovers the right consistency.
- Be informative – assess how you can go over and above the customer’s initial query with helpful information and guidance.
- Use on hold marketing – no matter how efficient your call centre and IVR menu might be, queues are inevitable, so consider on hold marketing to reinforce your brand message and goals.
How many voiceover artists do you have?
We have over 100 English voiceovers available, covering 30+ languages worldwide! You can listen to our most popular voiceovers here: www.IVR-Recordings.co.uk/voices
What types of voices are available?
The choice is endless; whatever accent, style or age, we have a voice for you. As many of our voiceover artists are regularly used on radio and television commercials, you’ll probably even recognise a few of them! Seeking a celebrity voice? We can source this too.
Can I listen to the voices?
Absolutely, just click here to listen to our most popular voiceovers. Got a specific type of voice in mind? Just give us a call on 0800 852 7720.
Can we have background music?
Yes, but we don’t recommend it, as IVR messages have a very specific purpose. Your callers want to listen and navigate their way through the system as quickly as possible, so music is an unwelcome distraction. Instead, consider on hold marketing, which you can find on our sister site - www.iNarratorOnHold.com.
What audio format will the IVR prompts be supplied in?
Whatever format you require. Popular audio file formats include wav, mp3, u-law and a-law, VOX and many more, in all sample rates and bit depths. We also process your audio files for the clearest possible sound when used on your telephone system.
What if I want to update a message in the future?
That’s fine! Just email us the details of the message(s) you would like to record and we'll do the rest. Updates are supplied within two working days for our retained clients.
How long will my IVR recording take?
This depends on the service you select. For urgent requirements, we can deliver your IVR voiceovers in as little as 24 hours.
For further suggestions and guidance, call our friendly advisors on 0800 852 7720. We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have!
Not answered your question?... Call us 0800 852 7720